Saturday, March 12, 2011

Heart a Day - Day 32


Another shamrock.  I'm considering these hearts because I used a heart hole punch to make my template.  This was a felt pin I stitched for our friend Barnaby Bear,  the preschool globe-trotting teddy bear that everyone gets a turn with.  We had Barnaby for the weekend and of course my husband suggested we take him to the St. Patrick's Day parade.  So Barnaby needed some green, didn't he?



He looked cute.  It was cold.  Really really cold.  In fact, after the horses went by I convinced Kelly that the parade was over because I had lost feeling in my toes.  I'm not a parade person.  I'm not even Irish.  How did I get talked into standing outside, for over an hour, in Illinois, in March?


Thank you to the kind woman we were next to that shared her blanket with us.  We wouldn't have made it to the horses without it!

2 comments:

chris said...

Child, I'm not sorry you are Italian, only sorry that you aren't a wee bit Irish: maybe you would not have lost the feeling in your toes. Love, Mom

Coolkayaker1 said...

If I were in your shoes--er, toes--I would have snuck into ZaZa's for a hot bowl of pasta and a rum and coffee.